Welcome to our horse name generator, where you’ll find an extensive list of creative and unique names to help you find the perfect match for your beloved equine companion. With just a click, you’ll have a plethora of options to choose from!
Ready to find the perfect name for your hoofed friend? Simply click the ‘Generate’ button to reveal a list of 10 random horse names. Keep clicking for more options, save your favorites, and discover the name that truly captures your horse’s spirit.
Click the button above to generate names
Funny Horse Names
Looking for a name that’ll make you neigh with laughter? Check out our funny horse names section.
- Neigh Sayer
- Clip Clop Kardashian
- Sir Gallops-a-Lot
- Hay There
- Hoof Hearted
- Buckaroo Banzai
- Al Capony
- Pony Soprano
- Neigh Polean
- Horse d’Oeuvre
- Filly Idol
- Whinny the Pooh
- Mr. Ed-vincible
- Horsing Around
- Galloping Giggles
- Canter Banter
- Equine the Entertainer
- Unbridled Humor
- Hoofington Post
- Sherlock Hooves
Cute Horse Names
Find the sweetest and most endearing names for your adorable equine friend in our cute horse names section.
- Cherry Blossom
Male Horse Names
Discover strong and captivating names for your male horse in our dedicated section just for stallions.
Female Horse Names
Explore a collection of elegant and charming names tailored for your lovely mare in our female horse names section.
Famous Horse Names
Want to name your horse after a legend? Browse through our famous horse names for some inspiration from the stars of the racing world.
- Secretariat – Secretariat was a legendary Triple Crown-winning racehorse, often considered the greatest of all time, setting records in the 1973 Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes.
- Man o’ War – Man o’ War, a dominant racehorse in the early 20th century, was known for his incredible speed and strength, winning 20 of his 21 races and setting multiple world records.
- Seabiscuit – Seabiscuit, an underdog who became a symbol of hope during the Great Depression, overcame adversity to defeat the 1937 Triple Crown winner, War Admiral, in a famous match race.
- Black Caviar – Black Caviar was an undefeated Australian racehorse that won 25 races, including 15 Group 1 victories, and was ranked the world’s best sprinter from 2010 to 2012.
- American Pharoah – American Pharoah ended a 37-year Triple Crown drought in 2015 by winning the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes, and later clinched the Breeders’ Cup Classic in the same year.
- Red Rum – Red Rum was a legendary British steeplechaser who won the prestigious Grand National three times in the 1970s, becoming a national hero in the UK.
- Ruffian – Ruffian, one of the greatest female racehorses in history, won 10 out of 10 races before tragically breaking down during a match race against Kentucky Derby winner, Foolish Pleasure.
- Zenyatta – Zenyatta was a popular American racehorse known for her late-running style, remarkable 19-race winning streak, and her historic victory in the 2009 Breeders’ Cup Classic.
- Phar Lap – Phar Lap, an iconic Australian and New Zealand racehorse, was a champion during the early 1930s, winning 37 of his 51 starts, including the 1930 Melbourne Cup.
- Cigar – Cigar, a two-time American Horse of the Year, tied the North American record for consecutive wins in the 1990s, securing 16 straight victories, including the 1995 Breeders’ Cup Classic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the horse name generator free?
Yes. The horse name generator is free for anyone to use.
Can I use the horse generator multiple times?
Yes. You can generate as many horse names as you like. Simply click the ‘Generate’ button to refresh the names being shown.
Are the names in the horse generator unique?
Yes. We hand-pick all the names used in our horse generator to ensure they’re 100% unique and relevant.
Can I suggest a horse name to be added to the generator?
Yes. To suggest a new name for the horse generator, leave a comment on the post. If we deem it appropriate, we’ll add it in.
Other Animal Names
Check out these other animal name generators: