Welcome to our dragon name generator! Unleash your creativity as you explore a world of unique and captivating dragon names.
To get started, click on the ‘Generate’ button to unveil a list of 10 random dragon names. Click again for additional options, and remember to save your favorites. Happy hunting!
Click the button above to generate names
Good Dragon Names
In this section, we have an exciting array of hand-picked dragon names, each accompanied by a brief yet captivating description.
- Zylrith, The Nightwing – Known for his shimmering black scales that glisten like the night sky.
- Braumthar, The Frost Fang – This dragon’s breath could freeze even the molten core of a volcano.
- Vindralin, The Sky Piercer – Soars to heights so extreme, it is said he could touch the stars.
- Gorgulix, The Earth Shaker – His mighty roars are capable of causing the ground to quake beneath him.
- Pyrexis, The Flameheart – Said to have a heart made of the purest, hottest flame.
- Silvyrund, The Silver Whisper – Renowned for his gentle approach and whispers that echo through the valleys.
- Cyrolith, The Icebound – A creature of the arctic, his icy presence can turn a summer’s day to winter.
- Veondrith, The Crystal Eye – Possesses a gaze so penetrating, it’s as if he can see through time itself.
- Aridon, The Lightbringer – Brightens even the darkest of nights, his glow is visible for miles around.
- Quylthor, The Thunderous – His wings beat with the power and sound of a storm, shaking the heavens.
- Idrilith, The Sapphire Flame – His blue fire burns hotter than any other, a true spectacle to behold.
- Jorundath, The Dreamweaver – It is said that his presence can influence the dreams of the sleeping.
- Tyralis, The Sea Serpent – Commands the tides, his form often mistaken for a rogue wave.
- Orunthyr, The Windrider – He rides the gusts of wind like a leaf in the breeze, never missing a beat.
- Xyldrith, The Star Gazer – Legend tells of his endless nights spent watching the stars.
- Ulthrak, The Stormbringer – With each flap of his wings, thunderous storms are conjured.
- Lyrathion, The Sunscale – His golden scales reflect the sunlight, setting the sky ablaze.
- Thrandrion, The Time Keeper – His arrival and departure are as precise as the tick of a clock.
- Faelrun, The Moonshadow – A master of stealth, appearing and disappearing with the moon phases.
- Gyldroth, The Golden Fury – Known for his fiery temper and his shimmering, golden scales.
- Kaelindar, The Peace Guardian – Despite his menacing appearance, he is the embodiment of tranquility.
- Thundris, The Lightning Breath – His breath is a spectacle of sparking electricity, a true force of nature.
- Veyrund, The Sky Guardian – The protector of the heavens, he defends his domain with a fierce loyalty.
- Althun, The Emerald Wing – His wings glimmer like precious emeralds in the morning sun.
- Zyraith, The Silent Serpent – With a flight as quiet as a whisper, he moves unseen and unheard.
Famous Dragon Names
Here, you’ll find a selection of famous dragon names that have left a lasting impression in the annals of dragon mythology and pop culture.
- Smaug – The greedy, gold-hoarding dragon from J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Hobbit.”
- Draco – The talking dragon from the film “Dragonheart,” voiced by Sean Connery.
- Falkor – The luckdragon from Michael Ende’s “The Neverending Story,” known for his dog-like appearance and joyful demeanor.
- Toothless – The Night Fury dragon from “How to Train Your Dragon,” who becomes a loyal companion of the protagonist, Hiccup.
- Mushu – The comical, tiny dragon from Disney’s “Mulan,” who serves as Mulan’s guardian and advisor.
- Tiamat – The five-headed queen of evil dragons from Dungeons & Dragons, each head represents a different type of chromatic dragon.
- Alduin – The World-Eater from “The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim,” a feared black dragon and the primary antagonist of the game.
- Fafnir – Originally a dwarf in Norse mythology, Fafnir turned into a dragon as a result of his greed and the curse of Andvari’s ring.
- Drogon, Rhaegal, Viserion – The three dragons raised by Daenerys Targaryen in George R.R. Martin’s “A Song of Ice and Fire” series.
- Shenron – The wish-granting dragon from the “Dragon Ball” series who can be summoned by collecting the seven Dragon Balls.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the dragon name generator free?
Yes. The dragon name generator is free for anyone to use.
Can I use the dragon generator multiple times?
Yes. You can generate as many dragon names as you like. Simply click the ‘Generate’ button to refresh the names being shown.
Are the names in the dragon generator unique?
Yes. We hand-pick all the names used in our dragon generator to ensure they’re 100% unique and relevant.
Can I suggest a dragon name to be added to the generator?
Yes. To suggest a new name for the dragon generator, leave a comment on the post. If we deem it appropriate, we’ll add it in.