If you’re on the hunt for the perfect giant name, you’ve come to the right place. Let our giant (no pun intended) name generator do the heavy loading.
Click the ‘Generate’ button for a list of 10 unique giant names. Fancy more choices? Just give ‘Generate’ another click. You can save your top picks by clicking on the heart icon next to each name.
Click the button above to generate names
Good Giant Names
Here’s a list of the best giant names, each one thoughtfully paired with a description to help you envision your giant in all their glory.
- Brudgol – A stone-skinned brute known for uprooting mountains with his might.
- Hulgrak – A towering figure with a thunderous voice that shakes the very earth.
- Trugzor – A fierce, blue-eyed giant who controls the seas with his trident.
- Yurgus – A kind-hearted giant, beloved for taming wild beasts with his gentle soul.
- Frangor – A fierce warrior, his battle cries echo through the valleys, sending shivers down the spines of the bravest knights.
- Akrusk – A wise and ancient giant, he knows the secrets of the forests and whispers to the trees.
- Mogthras – Known for his fiery temper and the ability to cause volcanic eruptions with a mere stomp of his foot.
- Nukgrak – This gentle giant lives among the icy peaks, sculpting glaciers with his frosty breath.
- Glogrog – An earth-shattering force, who’s said to craft canyons with his mighty fists.
- Progrus – A musical giant, whose rhythmic stomps create harmonies that resonate throughout the land.
- Zoggor – A dark giant who commands storms, his roars can conjure up the strongest winds.
- Drusmag – Known for his wisdom, he can read the stars and predict the future with uncanny accuracy.
- Orbdor – A mischievous giant, known to move hills and rivers to play pranks on the smaller folk.
- Skulgrim – The bravest among giants, his courage and strength are known far and wide.
- Ulgrus – The silent one, his footsteps are felt more than they are heard, a harbinger of change.
- Lumkrag – Known as the light giant, his presence can turn night into day.
- Rhogron – A giant with a heart of gold, he aids lost travelers to find their path.
- Ermog – His booming laughter is said to be contagious, bringing joy to those who hear it.
- Aghnor – A celestial giant whose body twinkles like the night sky, guiding lost souls home.
- Nurgus – Known as the wind-whisperer, he can summon or calm storms with a word.
- Furoz – The flame bearer, it is said his breath can turn a winter’s night warm.
- Truskarg – He’s said to carve out valleys and raise hills just by dragging his massive club.
- Druzdor – The weaver of dreams, he is known to conjure images of a bright future.
- Krendor – A peaceful giant, he prefers to spend his time creating beautiful structures from stones.
- Bramord – Known for his booming voice, he’s the herald of sunrise, his yawning roar awakening the dawn.
Famous Giant Names
Looking for a name with a bit of history? Below is a curated list of famous giant names that have stood tall through the ages.
- Goliath – The biblical giant famously defeated by David, he is a symbol of seemingly insurmountable challenges.
- Polyphemus – The Cyclops from the Odyssey, he was outwitted by Odysseus and blinded in one eye.
- Ymir – In Norse mythology, Ymir is a primeval being born of primordial elemental poison and the ancestor of all Jotnar (giants).
- Atlas – While technically a Titan from Greek mythology, Atlas was gigantic and held the heavens on his shoulders as a form of eternal punishment.
- Cyclopes – The race of one-eyed giants in Greek mythology, renowned as skilled blacksmiths and craftsmen.
- Fomorians – A supernatural race from Irish mythology, these giants were associated with chaos, wild nature, and destruction.
- Jotun – Giants from Norse mythology, they were often at odds with the gods, and were known to shape the land and sea.
- Antaeus – In Greek mythology, he was an unbeatable giant whose strength was renewed each time he touched the earth, until he was lifted off the ground by Hercules.
- Suttung – A Jotun, or giant, in Norse mythology, who was the owner of the mead of poetry until it was stolen by Odin.
- Argus Panoptes – A primordial giant in Greek mythology with a hundred eyes, tasked with guarding the heifer-nymph Io from Zeus.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the giant name generator free?
Yes. The giant name generator is free for anyone to use.
Can I use the giant generator multiple times?
Yes. You can generate as many giant names as you like. Simply click the ‘Generate’ button to refresh the names being shown.
Are the names in the giant generator unique?
Yes. We hand-pick all the names used in our giant generator to ensure they’re 100% unique and relevant.
Can I suggest a giant name to be added to the generator?
Yes. To suggest a new name for the giant generator, leave a comment on the post. If we deem it appropriate, we’ll add it in.