Welcome, partner! Looking for a name as strong as your cowboy spirit? You’re in the right place! Our cowboy name generator is here to help you rustle up some truly wild names.
To start, click on the ‘Generate’ button. This will round up 10 random cowboy names just for you. If those don’t suit your style, click again for another roll of the dice. Once you’ve collected some favorites, pick the one that truly fits your cowboy persona.
Click the button above to generate names
Good Cowboy Names
Here, we’ve roped together a collection of names, each as tough and alluring as the next.
- Asa ‘Phantom Smoke’ Mitchell – Known for leaving nothing but a puff of smoke behind, this cowboy’s true form is a mystery.
- Rufus ‘Blazing Sun’ Sullivan – With a temper as fiery as the midday sun, this cowboy can light up a room with just his presence.
- Horace ‘Rattlesnake’ Higgins – The silent and venomous type, he strikes fear in the hearts of those who cross his path.
- Sterling ‘Lone Star’ Jackson – His loyalty is as unshakeable as the lone star that guides his path at night.
- Conrad ‘Grit’ O’Brien – Tougher than a two-dollar steak, this cowboy chews up challenges and spits them out.
- Irvin ‘Dusty Trails’ Sullivan – Known to leave a trail of dust in his wake, he’s always ready for the next adventure.
- Quentin ‘Cactus’ Reid – Prickly on the outside but with a heart as vast as the desert, he’s a cowboy you can’t ignore.
- Hugh ‘Golden Eye’ Bennett – With his keen vision, he never misses a shot, not even in the darkest of nights.
- Jerome ‘Thunder’ Peterson – His quick draw and booming voice are as loud as a thunderstorm, earning him this nickname.
- Garrett ‘Wild Mustang’ Boyd – Untamed and relentless, this cowboy embodies the spirit of the wild mustang.
- Gilbert ‘Coyote’ Winston – Clever and elusive, he navigates through life’s challenges with the cunning of a coyote.
- Victor ‘Bullet’ O’Neal – Quick as a bullet, his sharp reflexes make him a formidable cowboy.
- Edgar ‘Prairie Fire’ Newman – Just like a prairie fire, this cowboy’s spirit is unstoppable and spreads with an intense passion.
- Murray ‘Silent Wind’ Farrell – His quiet demeanor hides a whirlwind of wisdom, just like the silent wind blowing through the plains.
- Felix ‘Scorpion’ Baker – Deadly when provoked, he holds his ground like a scorpion waiting for the right moment.
- Nolan ‘Boulder’ Dixon – His resolute nature and strong will are as unmovable as a boulder.
- Leon ‘Sidewinder’ Harper – Quick and unpredictable, he slithers through troubles like a sidewinder.
- Seth ‘Twilight’ Greene – Mysterious as the twilight, he carries an air of quiet intrigue.
- Erwin ‘Badger’ Tucker – Persistent and tenacious, he digs in like a badger when faced with adversity.
- Roscoe ‘Sandstorm’ Page – His volatile temper can whip up a storm, yet he possesses an undeniable charm.
- Porter ‘Copperhead’ Myers – With a bite as deadly as his wit, this cowboy isn’t one to be trifled with.
- Wyatt ‘Wolf’ Zimmerman – A lone wolf with a howl that resonates through the silence of the night.
- Jonas ‘Grizzly’ Buchanan – With his gruff exterior and bear-like strength, he’s as formidable as a grizzly bear.
- Arlo ‘Hawk Eye’ Baxter – With a gaze as piercing as a hawk’s, he sees everything with a clarity others can only dream of.
- Marshall ‘Raven’ Flint – Known for his sharp mind and dark allure, he holds an enigmatic charm just like a raven.
Famous Cowboy Names
Step right into the boots of legends with our compilation of famous cowboy names. These names have left their mark on history, just like the cowboys who bore them.
- Wyatt Earp – As a lawman in the Wild West, Wyatt Earp gained fame during the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral.
- Doc Holliday – Known for his friendship with Wyatt Earp and his involvement in the O.K. Corral shootout, Doc Holliday was a gambler and gunfighter.
- Wild Bill Hickok – A legendary figure in the American Old West, Wild Bill Hickok was a lawman, gunfighter, and professional gambler.
- Billy the Kid – Billy the Kid was an infamous outlaw and gunslinger who claimed to have killed 21 men.
- Butch Cassidy – As the leader of the Wild Bunch, Butch Cassidy was one of the most notorious outlaws in the American West.
- Jesse James – Jesse James was a famous American outlaw and bank and train robber during the late 19th century.
- Annie Oakley – Known as “Little Sure Shot,” Annie Oakley was a sharpshooter who became famous for her marksmanship.
- Calamity Jane – Calamity Jane was a frontierswoman known for her sharpshooting, drinking, and wild behavior in the Wild West.
- Buffalo Bill Cody – Showman and buffalo hunter, Buffalo Bill Cody was a larger-than-life figure who established the Wild West shows.
- Kit Carson – A mountain man and wilderness guide, Kit Carson became a frontier legend for his exploration of the American West.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the cowboy name generator free?
Yes. The cowboy name generator is free for anyone to use.
Can I use the cowboy generator multiple times?
Yes. You can generate as many cowboy names as you like. Simply click the ‘Generate’ button to refresh the names being shown.
Are the names in the cowboy generator unique?
Yes. We hand-pick all the names used in our cowboy generator to ensure they’re 100% unique and relevant.
Can I suggest a cowboy name to be added to the generator?
Yes. To suggest a new name for the cowboy generator, leave a comment on the post. If we deem it appropriate, we’ll add it in.