Welcome to our donkey names list, where you can find inspiration for naming your lovable, long-eared companion using our donkey name generator, which will provide you with unique and creative names to choose from.
To begin, simply click the ‘Generate’ button to create a list of 10 random donkey names, click again for more options, and save your favorites to find the perfect name that suits your charming, four-legged friend.
Click the button above to generate names
Funny Donkey Names
Discover a world of laughter with our selection of amusing donkey names that are guaranteed to bring a smile to your face.
- Donkey Kong
- Donkey O’Tay
- Sir Brays-a-Lot
- Donkey McFly
- Burrito Supreme
- Donkey Wonky
- Biscuit Brayer
- Donkey Doodle
- Hoof Hearted
Cute Donkey Names
Find the most endearing name for your adorable donkey with our collection of oh-so-cute monikers.
Male Donkey Names
Explore our robust list of strong and captivating names to perfectly suit your male donkey.
Female Donkey Names
Browse our selection of beautiful and enchanting names for your lovely lady donkey.
Famous Donkey Names
Get inspired by the names of some of history’s most renowned donkeys, who’ve captured hearts on page and screen.
- Eeyore – Eeyore is a gloomy, old, stuffed gray donkey character from A.A. Milne’s Winnie-the-Pooh series.
- Donkey (Shrek) – Donkey, from the Shrek movies, is a talkative and loyal sidekick to the main character, Shrek.
- Dominick the Donkey – Dominick the Donkey is a popular Italian-American Christmas song about a donkey who helps Santa Claus.
- Benjamin (Animal Farm) – Benjamin, from George Orwell’s Animal Farm, is a wise, old donkey who remains skeptical of the pigs’ intentions throughout the story.
- Balaam’s Donkey – Balaam’s Donkey, from the Bible’s Book of Numbers, is a talking donkey who warns her owner, Balaam, of an angel blocking their path.
- Nestor the Long-Eared Donkey – Nestor the Long-Eared Donkey, from a Rankin/Bass Christmas special, is a gentle donkey with long ears who helps Mary and Joseph on their journey to Bethlehem.
- Puzzle (The Chronicles of Narnia) – Puzzle, from C.S. Lewis’s The Chronicles of Narnia series, is a humble donkey who is tricked into wearing a lion’s skin to impersonate Aslan.
- Small One (The Small One) – Small One, from the Disney animated short film The Small One, is a gentle, loyal donkey who is sold to Mary and Joseph for their journey to Bethlehem.
- Sylvester (Sylvester and the Magic Pebble) – Sylvester, from William Steig’s Sylvester and the Magic Pebble, is a donkey who accidentally turns himself into a rock using a magical pebble.
- Modestine (Travels with a Donkey in the Cévennes) – Modestine, from Robert Louis Stevenson’s Travels with a Donkey in the Cévennes, is a stubborn and spirited donkey who accompanies Stevenson on his journey through the French countryside.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the donkey name generator free?
Yes. The donkey name generator is free for anyone to use.
Can I use the donkey generator multiple times?
Yes. You can generate as many donkey names as you like. Simply click the ‘Generate’ button to refresh the names being shown.
Are the names in the donkey generator unique?
Yes. We hand-pick all the names used in our donkey generator to ensure they’re 100% unique and relevant.
Can I suggest a donkey name to be added to the generator?
Yes. To suggest a new name for the donkey generator, leave a comment on the post. If we deem it appropriate, we’ll add it in.
Other Animal Names
Check out these other animal name generators: