Howdy partner! Looking for a kickin’ cowgirl name? Well, you’ve moseyed on to the right place. Our cowgirl name generator will help you find a perfect name that captures the spirit of the Wild West. Just click the ‘Generate’ button and let’s saddle up on this naming adventure!
Ready to lasso yourself a great cowgirl name? Click ‘Generate’ to reveal a list of 10 random cowgirl names. If you want more options, just click again. When you’ve found your favorites, save ’em and pick the one that suits your cowgirl persona the best.
Click the button above to generate names
Good Cowgirl Names
From fierce to friendly, here are some top-notch cowgirl names along with descriptions to inspire your choice.
- Daisy ‘Dust Storm’ Daniels – She’s a gal who can outshoot any man and leaves a trail of dust behind her.
- Ginger ‘Grit’ Gordon – Her spirit’s as fiery as her hair, and she’s tough as a boot.
- Hattie ‘High Noon’ Harper – When the sun is at its peak, that’s when she’s the sharpest.
- Ingrid ‘Ironside’ Ingram – Hard as iron, she’s got a reputation for being unbreakable.
- Jessie ‘Jackrabbit’ Jones – Quick on her feet and quicker on the draw, Jessie’s as elusive as a desert hare.
- Kitty ‘Coyote’ Callahan – She has a call that echoes through the canyons, a signal to her allies and a warning to her foes.
- Loretta ‘Lasso’ Lawrence – With a twirl of her lasso, she can rope in anything, from wild mustangs to troublemakers.
- Molly ‘Mesa Moon’ Martinez – Under the moonlight, she guards the mesas like a silent, watchful owl.
- Nellie ‘Nomad’ Norton – She’s at home anywhere on the open range, a true wanderer of the west.
- Opal ‘Outlaw’ Olson – Even outlaws have a code, and Opal Olson follows her own.
- Patsy ‘Prairie Pearl’ Patterson – She’s a gem among the grasslands, her charm shines brighter than the midday sun.
- Queenie ‘Quick Draw’ Quinn – Her hands are a blur, her aim unerring; she’s the fastest gun in the west.
- Rosemary ‘Rodeo’ Riley – She’s a star of the rodeo ring, controlling the bucking broncos with grace and power.
- Sally ‘Stampede’ Sandoval – She rides like a thunderstorm, an unstoppable force that charges with the wild stampede.
- Tina ‘Tumbleweed’ Turner – Just like a tumbleweed, she goes wherever the wind takes her, free and unbound.
- Ursula ‘Ute’ Underwood – She knows the land better than anyone, an expert tracker and guide.
- Veronica ‘Vigilante’ Vance – When the law fails, she’s there to pick up the slack, bringing justice to those who evade it.
- Wilma ‘Wildfire’ Walsh – Her temper is as unpredictable and dangerous as a desert wildfire.
- Xena ‘Xerxes’ Xavier – A wanderer from distant lands, her mystery is as vast as the desert she roams.
- Yvonne ‘Yucca’ Young – Tough and resilient like the yucca plant, she thrives where others struggle.
- Zelda ‘Zephyr’ Zimmerman – Gentle as a breeze yet relentless as the wind, Zelda’s determination moves mountains.
- Alice ‘Apache Arrow’ Armstrong – With a bow as faithful as a shadow, her aim is as deadly as an Apache arrow.
- Betty ‘Bronco’ Baxter – She tames the wildest broncos with a firm hand and a soft heart.
- Callie ‘Cactus Flower’ Coleman – She’s a surprising beauty in a harsh environment, strong and beautiful as a cactus flower.
- Darlene ‘Dust Devil’ Dawson – As swift and dangerous as a desert whirlwind, she leaves chaos in her wake.
Famous Cowgirl Names
Check out these famous cowgirl names that have made their mark on the wild frontier.
- Annie ‘Oakley’ Butler – Named for her sharpshooting skills, Annie Oakley was a star of Buffalo Bill’s Wild West show.
- Calamity Jane – Born Martha Canary, Calamity Jane was a frontierswoman known for her rough-and-tumble ways and association with Wild Bill Hickok.
- Belle ‘the Bandit Queen’ Starr – A notorious outlaw of the Old West, Belle Starr was known for her relationships with famous outlaws and her own criminal activities.
- Fannie ‘Borax’ Sperry Steele – Famed for her rodeo performances, Fannie Steele was known as the ‘Lady Buckaroo’.
- Lucille ‘Prairie Rose’ Henderson – As one of the first cowgirl superstars, Prairie Rose Henderson pioneered women’s participation in rodeo events.
- Patsy ‘Montana’ Hall – Known as the ‘Cowboy’s Sweetheart’, Patsy Montana was a popular western singer and the first woman in country music to have a single sell over a million copies.
- Kitty ‘the Rodeo Queen’ Canutt – A champion bronc rider, Kitty Canutt made her name in rodeos and in Hollywood as a stuntwoman.
- Pearl ‘Hart’ Taylor – One of the only known female stagecoach robbers, Pearl Hart was known for her daring exploits in the late 1800s.
- Tad ‘Lady Bucking Horse’ Lucas – Tad Lucas was a famous rodeo performer known for her bronc and trick riding, and for her indomitable spirit after a career-ending injury.
- Sally ‘Two-Gun Nan’ Aspling – An adventurer and travel writer, Two-Gun Nan was known for her solo horseback journey from California to Maine in the 1920s.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the cowgirl name generator free?
Yes. The cowgirl name generator is free for anyone to use.
Can I use the cowgirl generator multiple times?
Yes. You can generate as many cowgirl names as you like. Simply click the ‘Generate’ button to refresh the names being shown.
Are the names in the cowgirl generator unique?
Yes. We hand-pick all the names used in our cowgirl generator to ensure they’re 100% unique and relevant.
Can I suggest a cowgirl name to be added to the generator?
Yes. To suggest a new name for the cowgirl generator, leave a comment on the post. If we deem it appropriate, we’ll add it in.